- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Packets with Spinach, Carrots and Potatoes Recipe Video
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts/Chicken breast tenderloins||1 Pound, pounded to 1/2 inch thick|
|Fresh dill/Dried dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced in 8 slice|
|Waxy white potatoes||3 Medium, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, defrosted and water pressed out|
|Baby carrots||24 Small|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.4%
Saturated Fat 0.49 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg
Sodium 312 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 9 g35.8%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 33 g65.6%
Vitamin A 329.1% Vitamin C 78.6%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut 4 aluminium sheets into 12x12 inch size.
3. Grease the aluminium sheets with vegetable cooking oil spray.
4. In the centre of each foil, place 1 piece of chicken, sprinkle 1/8th teaspoon of dried dill, one slice of onion, ¼ of the spinach, 6 carrots, 1/4th of the potato slices, 1/8th teaspoon of dill and another slice of onion.
5. Sprinkle some pepper and a dash of salt.
6. Seal the ends of the foil like a seam and close from all sides.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8. Uncover from the foil and serve in a plate.