- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Mizutaki Recipe
|Chicken||1 , cut in small|
|Chrysanthemum leaves/Spinach leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Green onions/2 japanese naga-negi (long onion) if available||4 , cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths|
|Firm tofu||10 Ounce, cut into pieces|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated ginger||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.8%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g42.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.5 mg
Sodium 871.7 mg36.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 57 g114.7%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a deep pot with water add konbu kelp and chicken pieces, allow to boil.
2) Reduce the heat, remove the scum, simmer further until the meat is tender.
3) Transfer the chicken and broth to an attactive pot, place on portable heating unit, simmer the broth; add a few vegetables and tofu , simmer for further 2-3 min until tender.
4) Make both the dipping sauces and transfer to individual bowls.
5) Add further vegetables and tofu to the pot as the meal proceeds.
6) Place the pot over a heating unit on the table alongwith the bowls with the dipping sauces for the meal.