- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Misoyaki(Miso Toast) Recipe Video
|Salt and pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Spring onion white||1⁄4 Large|
|Mirin||30 Cubic Centimeter|
|Miso||25 Cubic Centimeter|
|Sugar||10 Cubic Centimeter|
|Spring onion green||1 Small, chopped|
|Nagasawake sauce/Tamari||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.2%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.9 mg
Sodium 1109 mg46.2%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 32 g64.1%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 3% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper, and rub well.
2. Allow the chicken to marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Cut the white part of the spring onion in large pieces.
4. In a bowl, mix together miso, mirin and sugar, to make awasemiso.
5. In a non-stick pan, heat sesame oil and sauté chicken for about 10 minutes or until it gets a golden brown crust.
6. In a baking tray, set aside the chicken and spring onion white pieces.
7. In the same non stick pan heat oil, sauté ginger, garlic and green onions for 2 minutes.
8. Stir in the awasemiso, until well mixed and thickened.
9. Spread the sauted mixture over chicken.
10. Toast the chicken for about 3 minutes or until crust forms.
11. Place the chicken on the serving plate along with spring onion white.
12. Sprinkle chopped green onion over Chicken misoyaki.
13. Drizzle nagasawake sauce around the chicken and serve hot.