- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Chicken Marsala - It's Addicting and Gluten Free Recipe Video
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Gluten free flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Pamela's baking flour)|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon (roasted and minced)|
|Marjoram leaves||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Minced onion||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon, mince|
|Dried basil leaves||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken boneless skinless||1 1⁄4 Pound (pounded 1/4 inch thick)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Marsala wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Gluten free pasta||1⁄2 Pound (Brown rice pasta fusilli)|
Calories 601 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.4 mg
Sodium 917.3 mg38.2%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 35 g69.9%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSaran wrap
Mallet / Meat tenderizer
1. Slice the chicken into butterfly, once done place a sheet of saran wrap over the chicken and then pound the chicken with a mallet.
2. Finely chop the onions and mince the garlic and onions, set aside.
3. In a 9x9 dish combine the flour, minced onion, marjoram and minced garlic, stir and season with salt and pepper.
4. Reserve 2 tablespoon of the flour mixture and set it aside.
5. In a large pan add the olive oil and butter, and let the butter melt.
6. In the meantime coat the chicken in the flour mixture and place it in the pan.
7. Brown the chicken on all sides, once done keep it aside.
8. In the same pan add olive oil and sauté the finely chopped onions on medium heat, once the onions are translucent add the mushroom and season with some salt.
9. In the meantime add the reserve flour mixture to the chicken stock, stir and mix it well.
10. Add the chicken stock to the pan and stir with the onions and mushroom, add the marsala wine and bring it to a boil.
11. At this point boil water in a pot, this is for cooking the pasta, add the pasta and cook it for 7-8 minutes or until al dente.
12. Reduce the heat for the chicken and add the lemon juice and basil leaves and continue to simmer for 8 minutes.
13. Add the chicken and simmer for few minutes or until the pasta is done.
14. Once the pasta is done drain and transfer in a serving plate.
15. Serve the chicken marsala on a bed of gluten free pasta.