- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Marinated In Curried Yogurt Recipe
|Ginger root||1 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 143.2 mg
Sodium 317.1 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 47 g94.3%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large nonmetal bowl mix the gingerroot, garlic, jalapeno, scallions, parsley, yogurt and lemon juice thoroughly.
2. In a small skillet heat the peanut oil over low heat and sautÃ© together curry powder, coriander and cinnamon stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
3. Add the spices to the yogurt mixture and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add chicken to the yogurt marinade, cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate the chicken overnight.
5. Prepare a charcoal grill by lighting a charcoal fire.
6. Removing the chicken from the marinade, grill until cooked through for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Serve hot with an optional garnish of greens.