- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon And Chicken Marengo Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving pieces (1 Broiling/Frying Bird)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, pressed|
|Canned undrained italian-style tomatoes||16 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Madeira||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked shrimp||8 Ounce|
|Pitted ripe olives||12|
|Mushrooms||8 Large, sliced|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bread slice||4 , cut diagonally into halves and toasted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4096 Calories from Fat 2207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 247 g380.4%
Saturated Fat 70.2 g351.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1619.1 mg
Sodium 5235.2 mg218.1%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.8%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 349 g698.5%
Vitamin A 110.1% Vitamin C 66.7%
Calcium 66.7% Iron 116.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add tomatoes, broth, Madeira and thyme to chicken mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 40 minutes. Remove chicken from Dutch oven; reserve.
3. Puree the cooking mixture from the chicken in a food processor or blender container. Return mixture to Dutch oven. Add chicken, shrimp and olives; cover and cook over medium heat until hot. Keep warm.
4. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in small skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are golden, about 5 minutes; reserve.
5. Pour vegetable oil into 1 1/2-quart saucepan until it reaches a level of 1/2 inch; heat over medium heat to 350°F. Break 1 egg into saucer or small custard cup; slide egg carefully into hot oil. Shape egg white into round ball by gently rolling it against side of pan using wooden spoon; cook until yolk is almost set, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn egg over; cook until yolk is set, about 1 minute longer. Remove egg from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling. Repeat to cook remaining 3 eggs.
6. Place chicken in center of large serving platter; arrange toast around chicken. Place eggs on top of every other piece of toast. Sprinkle mushrooms over chicken. Pour vegetable mixture over chicken.