- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Marengo Recipe
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Bacon rashers||2 , chopped|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1 Pint|
|Seasoned flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.7%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.4 mg
Sodium 702.6 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 116.6% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat moderate oven (355°F. - Gas Mark 4).
2) In a skillet heat half butter and cook vegetables and bacon for about 10 minutes.
3) Add flour and cook, stirring occasionally, till the flour is brown.
4) Stir in tomato puree and blend in hot stock. Boil, adjust seasoning and add mushroom stalks. Keep aside caps for later use.
5) Cook covered for 30 minutes,
6) Trim the chicken joints and dredge in seasoned flour.
7) In melted butter brown in remaining butter. Drain and place in a casserole dish. Put the sliced mushroom caps on top.
8) Take off pan from heat and put on casserole over chicken.
9) Stir in sherry, cover and put in oven and bake for 1 hour till chicken is tender.
10) Serve the chicken with sauce over, pass with rissole potatoes and buttered broccoli spears.