- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Marengo Recipe
|Italian sausage||1 Pound, sliced|
|Olive salad||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||12 Ounce|
|Ripe olives||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 601 Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.8 mg
Sodium 1096.5 mg45.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 46 g91.7%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a Dutch oven or a heavy saucepan, brown the sausage. Remove the sausage and set aside. Discard the fat.
2) In the same Dutch oven, heat the butter and oil.
3) Cut chicken into serving pieces. Cook in the Dutch oven till it has browned.
4) Remove it and set aside.
5) Wash the mushrooms, pat dry and trim them and then place in the Dutch oven. Add the tomato puree to the Dutch oven.
6) After draining the olives, reserve about ¼ cup liquid. Slice the olives and put them in the Dutch oven.
7) Add the reserved liquid and all the remaining ingredients to the Dutch oven. Bring mixture to boiling point, occasionally stirring.
8) Put the sausage and chicken pieces back in the Dutch oven. Reduce the heat and cover.
9) Cook on low flame for about 30 to 40 minutes or till the chicken is tender and properly cooked.
10) Serve hot.
Fresh mushrooms can be substituted with one 6 to 8-ounce can of sliced mushrooms, drained.