- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Madras Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tart apple||1 , pared and diced|
|Diced cooked carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery stalk||1 , diced|
|Onions||2 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Diced cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1709 Calories from Fat 891
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g155.7%
Saturated Fat 55.8 g279%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 551.8 mg
Sodium 3403.2 mg141.8%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.7%
Sugars 27.9 g
Protein 104 g207.8%
Vitamin A 79.5% Vitamin C 412.7%
Calcium 36.9% Iron 44.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a big saucepan melt butter.
2) Stir in apple, carrots, celery, onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Take off from heat and mix flour, curry powder, salt, mustard and sage. Mix to the butter mixture stirring till bubby.
4) Blend in chicken broth and add bay leaf. Bring to boil stirring constantly and cook further for 1 minutes.
5) Mix chicken, cream and chutney and heat.
6) Remove bay leaf.
7) In a plate make rice ring and serve chicken with it.