- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Livers With Cooked Rice Recipe
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Hot cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 403.4 mg
Sodium 165 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.96%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 256.1% Vitamin C 47%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 59%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Strain off the liquid from mushrooms. Save the liquid in a cup. Add water to make the liquid to ¾ cup. Place the bowl aside.
2) In a saucepan, add butter to melt down.
3) Add chicken livers and green pepper to sauté over medium heat until the livers turn brown.
4) Add mushrooms and pour in the reserved liquid and catsup.
5) Increase heat to high and bring the liquid to a boil.
6) Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and allow simmering for another 10 minutes with frequent stirring.
7) In a serving bowl, place rice and ladle the soup over it.