- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Livers Stroganoff Recipe
|Onions||3 Medium, diced to make 1 1/2 cup|
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Chicken livers||2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Hot cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 566 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.8%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 573.9 mg
Sodium 488.5 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 33 g65.9%
Vitamin A 355.3% Vitamin C 71.5%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 89.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash chicken livers and pat dry with paper toweling.
2. Coat with flour and reserve any excess flour.
3. In a casserole or Dutch oven melt 2 tablespoon of the butter or margarine.
4. Add and sauté onion and mushrooms for 5 to 7 minutes until softened and lightly browned.
5. Remove with slotted spoon to bowl.
6. Melt 2 more tablespoons of fat in skillet.
7. Arrange flour dredges chicken livers in a single layer.
8. Brown evenly on both sides until cooked to desired doneness.
9. Remove onto a platter.
10. Melt remaining butter and stir in reserved flour, the salt and pepper. Sauté till frothy.
11. Gradually pour in chicken broth, stirring to blend with flour mixture.
12. Stir in wine and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
13. Return sautéed onions and mushrooms into the sauce and simmer until well heated.
14. Add chicken livers and blend in sour cream. Simmer for a few minutes.
15. Serve Stroganoff over hot cooked rice.
16. Garnish with chopped parsley, if you wish.