- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Liver Pate Recipe
|Unsalted butter||12 Ounce (375 Gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chicken livers||1 Pound, trimmed|
|Chicken livers||1 Pound, trimmed, chopped roughly (500 Gram)|
|Brandy||8 Tablespoon (According To Taste)|
|Parsley sprigs||2 (To Garnish)|
Calories 544 Calories from Fat 437
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.4%
Saturated Fat 30.3 g151.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 382.8 mg
Sodium 126.4 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 0.68 g0.23%
Dietary Fiber 0.05 g0.19%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 13 g26.8%
Vitamin A 196.2% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 38.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large frying pan melt 50 g / 2 oz of the butter over a moderate heat to form foam, add the garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes on low heat such that softened and not colored.
2. To the frying pan add chicken livers on moderate heat tossing vigorously for about 5-8 minutes such that the livers turn brown on the outside and are still tinged with pink in the centre.
3. Add brandy and stir well such that the mixture bubbles in the frying pan for about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the chicken to a food processor or blender and process with butter (retaining 50 gram/2 ounces) cut into pieces such that the mixture becomes a smooth puree.
5. Season with salt and pepper as per taste and add into single ramekins or big serving bowl and smoothen the surface.
6. In a clean pan melt the remaining butter and pour over the surface of the pate.
7. Let it cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
8. Serve chilled with a garnish of parsley sprigs along with hot wholemeal toast triangles.