- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Liver Pate Recipe
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Sliced shallot/Finely sliced green onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), divided|
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon-style mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Hot pepper sauce||6 Drop|
|Cornichons||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Capers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped hard cooked eggs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Assorted crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toast points||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 461 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.6 mg
Sodium 622.4 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A 183.7% Vitamin C 25.6%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 50.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat a 10-inch skillet and melt 1/3 cup of the butter or margarine.
2) In it cook the shallots, mushrooms, and garlic until almost tender.
3) Add wine, chicken livers, brandy, salt, pepper, mustard, thyme and hot pepper sauce.
4) Simmer for around 10 minutes or until the pink color of the livers are gone.
5) Bring out from the heat and cut up the rest of the butter and stir into the mixture.
6) Allow to cool down for 5 minutes.
7) In a blender or food processor, blend the mixture to a smooth consistency.
8) Take an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan and line it with a plastic wrap.
9) Transfer the mixture to the loaf pan and cover it.
10) Chill it overnight or for 6 hours at least.
11) Unmold the chilled mixture on to the serving platter.
12) Decorate the dish with a garnish of capers, cornichons, hard-cooked egg and red onion.
13) Serve accompanied by toast points or crackers.