- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Liver and Onion Kabobs Recipe
|Chicken livers||12 Ounce (8 Large Sized)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned small white onions||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Bacon slices||2 , cut into 8 small pieces|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry wine||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 294.3 mg
Sodium 360.6 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 15 g30.2%
Vitamin A 188.5% Vitamin C 31.1%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 45.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take the chicken livers and cut each piece into half.
2) Devein the veins connecting the liver pieces together and peel off the skin.
3) Use vegetable oil to brush the livers.
4) Take 4 wooden skewers and follow the order: whole onion, chicken liver, whole onion, bacon, chicken liver, whole onion, bacon, chicken liver, whole onion, chicken liver, whole onion to thread each kabob to it.
5) Other 3 skewers may also be arranged in the same way.
6) Take a baking dish and use two folded sheets of paper towels to cover it.
7) Place the kabobs on it.
8) Apply Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle dry wine on top.
9) Use another paper towel to cover.
10) Allow cooking for 10 minutes.
11) Serve hot with sauce.