- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Lima Kettle Meal Recipe
|Baby lima beans||1 Pound, dried|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut up (1 no.)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded, coarsely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
Calories 688 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.6 mg
Sodium 798.5 mg33.3%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.4%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 55 g110.2%
Vitamin A 85.9% Vitamin C 43.6%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 37.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the lima beans.
2) Into a heavy kettle filled with water, add the beans. Let the water come to a boil.
3) Take the kettle off the flame and let rest for about 1 hour.
4) Wash and pat dry the chicken.
5) In a skillet, heat oil. Add in the chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Remove the chicken onto a plate.
6) Drain off all the fat from the skillet, leaving behind 1 tablespoon.
7) Into the skillet, add in garlic, onion, green pepper and carrot. Saute till they turn a light brown. Add in the paprika and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir constantly.
8) Add in the browned chicken, sauted vegetables, salt, pepper and bay leaf into the lima beans.
9) Bring the mixture to a boil, covered.
10) Simmer for about 1 hour or till the chicken turns tender.
11) Serve the Chicken Lima Kettle Meal garnished with chopped parsley.