- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Lettuce Oriental Recipe
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 Medium|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, disjointed|
|Blanched whole almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.4%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.7 mg
Sodium 943.2 mg39.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 38 g75.8%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Halve and rinse lettuce. Place in plastic bag to chill.
2) In a shallow dish blend soy sauce, wine, sugar, ginger and garlic.
3) Place chicken in wine mixture and marinate for 1 hour. Turn and brush the chicken constantly.
4) Place chicken in a baking pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
5) Baste with marinade twice in between.
6) In a skillet heat oil and brown the almonds.
7) Drain excess moisturiser on paper towels.
8) In the skillet put undrained pineapple and heat.
9) To the remaining marinade mix cornstarch and add pineapple.
10) Stir the sauce till it boils and thickens, add chicken and almonds.
11) Slice lettuce crosswise.
12) On a board put the slices cut side down and cut across and lengthwise in bite-sized chunks.
13) On the serving platter line lettuce. Spoon chicken and sauce over lettuce.
14) Serve immediately.
Wine can be replaced with three tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon water.