- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Kabob With Grilled Vegetables Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||2 Large|
|Red onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped into chunks|
|Green bell peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped into chunks|
|Yellow bell peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped into chunks|
|Pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped into chunks|
|Ginger||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, grated (For the marinade)|
|Garlic cloves||2 , shave (For the marinade)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (For the marinade)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (For the marinade)|
|Ancho chili||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the marinade)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (For the marinade)|
|Pomegranate limeade||4 Tablespoon (For the marinade)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 435.6 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 103.4%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix the ginger, garlic, black pepper, sea salt, ancho chili, olive oil and pomegranate limeade.
2. Soak the chicken in this marinade and set aside for few minutes.
3. On a grill, place the chicken breasts to cook halfway for about 5-8 minutes.
4. Cook the chicken and cut it into chunks.
5. On a skewar, line up chucks in order the red onion, chicken, green peppers, chicken, pineapple, chicken, yellow pepper, chicken, red pepper, chicken and finally another chunk of red onion.
6. Repeat process on other skewars.
7. Place the skewars on the grill
8. Pour some of the marinade on top of the veggies and chicken and cook for about 10 minutes, while turning occassionally.
9. Remove from grill and serve the kebobs on the skewars itself.