- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Italiano Recipe
|Chicken breast||4 , boneless|
|Chicken thighs||4 , boneless|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), sliced|
|Tomato alfredo sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Classico Brand)|
|Parmesan cheese||6 Ounce, grated|
Calories 613 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.4%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 230.6 mg
Sodium 1082.7 mg45.1%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.11 g0.42%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 73 g146.6%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 55.3% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chicken parts can be left whole or cut into bite sized piece
Step 2 is for whole pieces. If using bite size pieces, change step 2 to "cook chicken for 5 minutes, stirring frequently". If using precooked chicken or turkey, skip step 2, reduce crushed garlic in half and add it to the casserole dish uncooked.
2. In large heavy skillet, heat butter and 1/2 of the garlic on medium high heat for 30 seconds. Add chicken, cover and cook for 6 minutes. Turn over each piece of chicken, cover and cook an additional 6 minutes. (If all the chicken does not fit well into your skillet then you can cook them in two batches.)
3. Remove chicken and place on paper towels for a few minutes to drain.
4. Smear remainder of garlic in a casserole dish large enough so that the chicken pieces will lay flat. Add the chicken. Evenly pour the pasta sauce over the chicken (smooth with spatula if needed).
5. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.