- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken In Wine Gravy Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|Au jus gravy mix||1 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes, 0.75 Ounce Each)|
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced pitted ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Medium egg noodles||1 Pound|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1304 Calories from Fat 717
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g125.5%
Saturated Fat 30.1 g150.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 387.9 mg
Sodium 791.2 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 82 g163.1%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 36.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large skillet, heat ¼ cup of butter.
2) Cut the chicken into serving pieces. Brown chicken in the butter, several pieces at a time. Remove chicken from skillet.
3) To the butter remaining in the skillet, add the mushrooms and cook on high flame, frequently stirring, till the mushrooms have tendered. Remove from skillet.
4) In the same skillet, combine the gravy mix, onion, tomato paste, water and wine together and bring to a boil, constantly stirring the mixture.
5) Add the browned chicken and cover the skillet. Cook over low flame for about 25 to 30 minutes or till the chicken is tender, occasionally spooning the sauce all water the chicken. Add water if the sauce becomes too thick.
6) Add cooked mushrooms and olives and heat properly.
7) As per the directions on the package, cook the noodles and drain them.
8) In a bowl, cream the remaining butter and stir in the cheese and cream. Stir in the drained noodles. Turn into a serving dish.
9) Sprinkle noodles with additional Parmesan and Romano cheese.
10) Serve noodles hot with the chicken mixture.
Fresh mushrooms can be substituted with one 8-ounce can of sliced mushrooms, drained.