- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken In Sherry Wine Recipe
|Chicken||1 (breasts and legs)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sherry wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Bronte)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 872 Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g83.9%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 340 mg
Sodium 425.4 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 79 g159%
Vitamin A 43.7% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the chicken and pat on kitchen towels.
2. Season the flour with paprika and salt.
3. Dredge the chicken pieces with the seasoned flour.
4. In a large casserole, melt and heat the butter over medium heat.
5. Add the chicken and sautÃ© it until evenly browned.
6. Stir in the chicken stock and wine, dislodging the browned bits from the base of the casserole.
7. Cover the casserole with a tight fitting lid.
8. Simmer the chicken on a low flame for almost and hour until it is tender.
9. Remove cooked chicken to a serving dish.
10. In a small bowl, blend the cream and egg yolk.
11. Spoon a little of the hot cooking liquid into the cream mixture and blend well.
12. Pour the cream into the casserole and stir well.
13. Heat through on a low flame, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
14. Pour the sauce over the chicken, to coat well.
15. Serve hot with rice, pasta or bread.