- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken In Parchment With Mushrooms And Tomatoes Recipe
|Chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Ounce, chopped|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Jarlsberg/Emmenthal cheese||2 Ounce, shredded|
Calories 398 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.9%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.3 mg
Sodium 217.4 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 46 g92.6%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 30.5%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 240Â°C (475Â°F or Mark 9).
2. Trim chicken breasts of any fat and split in half.
3. Take a small bowl and add hot water. Add and soak the dried mushrooms for 10 minutes.
4. Drain off the liquid from the mushrooms and reserve for another use.
5. Rinse mushrooms and slice out tough stems. Then, chop the mushrooms finely.
6. Take a medium-size skillet and melt butter. Add onion and sautÃ© until soft.
7. Add the dried and fresh mushrooms, garlic, parsley, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
8. Cook for 7 minutes or until mixture is almost dry. Stirring occasionally.
9. Add Madeira and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and add heavy cream. Season well.
10. Slice 4 pieces of parchment paper into heart shapes approximately 30 cm (12 inches) long and 30 cm (12 inches) wide at top.
11. Then, unfold each heart and place 1 slice chicken breast, along centre fold of each parchment heart.
12. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the top.
13. Add equal portion of mushroom mixture over each chicken breast half, mounding it slightly.
14. Place 3 or 4 overlapping tomato slices over each serving and sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
15. Then, refold each heart and pack from the 16 rounded end, rolling and crimping edges together.
16. Seal the tips of the heart by twisting.
17. Place packages on baking sheet, taking care not to overlap them.
18. Bake in centre for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
19. Remove from oven.
20. Take individual plates and place them. Slice an X in top of each package.