- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken In Orange Almond Sauce Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut up and skinned|
|Melted butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange sections||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||1⁄2|
Calories 737 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.3%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.1 mg
Sodium 226.7 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 33.4 g
Protein 50 g99.4%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 52.3%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large skillet, melt butter, and brown chicken with 1/4 teaspon salt..
2) Remove from pan and reserve drippings.
3) Let the chicken cool down and separate meat from bones.
4) To the reserved drippings, add flour, spices, salt and stir for a minute or until smooth.
5) Add orange juice, and stir over low heat until the mixture thickens.
6) Stir chicken, raisins, and almonds to the sauce, cover, and cook for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
7) Add orange sections and heat.
8) Serve over hot cooked rice.