- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken In Milk Recipe
|Chicken with skin||2 Kilogram (2 Chicken, 1 Kilogram Each)|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon, roasted and powdered|
|Green cardamom||2 , powdered (Use The Seeds)|
|Crushed clove||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed black pepper||2 Teaspoon, crushed coarsely|
|Ginger piece||2 Inch, crushed|
|Full cream milk||2 Liter (With 1/2 Tsp Sodium Bicarbonate)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Mixed With Milk)|
|Eggs||5 , lightly beaten|
|Coarsely chopped pistachio nuts||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon, lightly toasted (For Garnish)|
|Lime wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
Calories 715 Calories from Fat 384
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.9%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 324.7 mg
Sodium 878.3 mg36.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 65 g129.4%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the chickens in a colander, and pat dry on a kitchen towel.
2. Using a cleaver or meat knife, joint each chicken into ten curry pieces.
3. In a small bowl, make a marinade mixture of all the spice powders, salt and ginger.
4. Rub this spice mixture on the chicken pieces arrange in a shallow dish, cover with cling-fing and refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate.
5. In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, bring milk to a boil over a high flame.
6. When the milk comes to a boil, immerse chicken pieces in the milk.
7. Reduce the flame and simmer the chicken for 25 to 30 minutes until the chicken is tender. Check by piercing a thigh portion with a sharp tipped knife.
8. Once cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken pieces onto a platter. When cool, transfer the cooked chicken to the refrigerator.
9. Continue simmering the milk in the pot on a low flame.
10. In a small bowl, beat eggs with a fork.
11. Gradually pour 1 cup of the hot milk into the bowl of eggs, whisking continuously until well blended.
12. Pour the egg mixture into milk in the pot, stirring constantly to prevent the eggs from coagulating.
13. Continue stirring until the sauce thickens.
14. Take pot off the flame and cool to room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator to chill.
15. To serve, arrange the cold chicken pieces on a serving platter.
16. Ladle the cold milk sauce to coat the chicken pieces.
17. Generously sprinkle the almonds and pistachios.
18. Serve the chicken cold accompanied with lime wedges.