- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Hot Pot Recipe
|Frying chicken||3 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled|
|Apples||2 , peeled, cored and sliced|
|White cabbage||1 Small, shredded|
|Green pepper||1 Small, shredded|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1157 Calories from Fat 626
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.5%
Saturated Fat 25.8 g129.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 302.3 mg
Sodium 321.1 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.4%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 71 g141.5%
Vitamin A 42.3% Vitamin C 162.7%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 31.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) After disjointing the chicken, dredge it with flour which has been mixed with a bit of salt and pepper.
3) In a pan, heat the butter and brown the chicken on all sides. Remove the cooked chicken from the pan.
4) In the butter left behind in the pan, lightly brown the onion and add in the tomatoes, sugar and mustard. Gently heat the ingredinets.
5) In the bottom of a buttered casserole, arrange the potatoes and season lightly. Add the apples and cover the contents with the tomato mix.
6) Put the chicken on top of all the other ingredients, cover the casserole and cook for about 90 minutes.
7) Mix together the green pepper and cabbage and add all the other inredients to the sour cream. Blend properly and lightly toss the cabbage and pepper in the dressing.
8) Serve hot.