- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Fruit Sandwiches Recipe
|White bread slices||12|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, softened|
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped cooked chicken/Turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 260 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 432.4 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 16 g32.5%
Vitamin A 23.1% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain pineapple, reserving syrup for another use.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine meat, pineapple, cream cheese, parsley and seasoning.
3. If too dry, add a little pineapple syrup.
4. Spread butter on one side of the bread slices.
5. Top 6 slices with the prepared filling.
6. Sandwich with the remaining 6 slices.
7. Pack each sandwich separately in cling film or in a zip lock plastic bag.
8. Wrap lettuce separately.
9. Add lettuce to sandwich before eating.
10. You can freeze or refrigerate the packed sandwiches if you want.