- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Fricassee Recipe
|Button mushrooms||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Small onions||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Rindless smoked bacon||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry cider||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Eating apples||8 Small|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Creme fraiche||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.4 mg
Sodium 377.3 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 40 g79.7%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 22.1%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour.
2) In a bowl, cover the onions with boiling water for a few minutes. Drain and peel.
3) Using a knife, chop the bacon.
4) In a large casserole, melt butter. Saute the bacon, mushrooms and onions until golden. Keep aside.
5) Pour in some oil to the pan and brown the chicken pieces.
6) Pour in the cider, stock, and put in bay leaves, excess flour and seasoning to the chicken.
7) Let it come to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
8) Using a knife, peel and core the apples.
9) In a frying pan, heat the remaining butter and cook the apples until golden.
10) Reduce the heat, put in 2 tbsp water. Close the pan and braise for 10 minutes.
11) Put in the bacon, onions and mushrooms to the chicken. Close the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes.
12) Using a spoon, skim off any excess fat.
13) In a bowl, mix the mustard, seasoning and creme fraiche.
14) Spoon over the chicken.
15) Serve hot with apples and garnished with parsley.