- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Fricassee Recipe
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken portion||6 1⁄2 Pound|
|Frozen non dairy creamer||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Poly perx, Polyunsaturated)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground thyme||1 Pinch|
|Cooked whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 872 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 257.9 mg
Sodium 910.7 mg37.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 80 g160.9%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 5% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a casserole pot, place chicken, add salt, bay leaves and pour over the water.
2. Place the pot on a medium high flame and bring water to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover pot and simmer the chicken for 1 ½ hours on a low flame, until tender.
4. Take pot off the heat and remove and discard the bay leaves.
5. Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
6. Skim off the scum and fat from the stock in the pot.
7. Continue to simmer the stock until it is reduce to about 2 cups.
8. In a bowl, blend the flour with the non-dairy creamer.
9. Spoon a little of the hot stock into the mixture and blend well.
10. Pour the flour-creamer mixture into the stock, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
11. Season with salt, add thyme and simmer the sauce on a very low flame until it has thickened.
12. Add the corn and heat through without boiling.
13. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve Fricassee with crusty bread and sautÃ©ed vegetables on the side.