- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Florentine with Spinach Pesto Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Gram|
|Chicken breast halves||4 Medium, skinless, boneless and cut into strips|
|Fresh spinach leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry penne pasta||8 Ounce (in 1 package)|
|Romano cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 875 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 142.4 mg
Sodium 424.9 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.9%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 73 g145.9%
Vitamin A 61% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
2. Add garlic, sauté for 1 minute, then add chicken and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side.
3. When chicken is close to being cooked through (no longer pink inside), add spinach and pesto and sauté all together for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
5. Rinse under cold water and drain.
6. Add chicken/spinach mixture to pasta.
7. Mix well, top with cheese and serve.