- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Fajitas Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||250 Gram|
|Soft flour tortillas||4 Medium|
|Red pepper||1 Medium|
|Green pepper||1 Medium|
|Red onion||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fajita spices||1 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Iceburg lettuce||1 Medium|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.2 mg
Sodium 350.4 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 21 g41.5%
Vitamin A 46.4% Vitamin C 141.4%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and put aside.
2. Trim the chicken of any excess fat or skin and cut into thin strips and place into a clean bowl.
3. Cut the lime into half and squeeze the fresh juice over the strips of chicken.
4. Add the olive oil and season to taste with the spices.
5. Mix well, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for an hour or so to marinate.
6. Cut the red and green peppers into half lengthways.
7. Save the halves you don’t need for another recipe.
8. De-seed the peppers and cut into fine slices.
9. Peel and cut the onion into fine slices.
10. Cut the tomatoes into wedges, remove the seeds and cut each wedge in half across the centre.
11. Wash, dry and roughly chop the coriander.
12. Wash, dry and finely shred some iceburg lettuce.
13. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
14. Place the wrapped tortillas into the oven to heat through, which should take about 5 minutes.
15. Heat a heavy-based frying pan over a high heat on the hob.
16. When hot, add a touch of vegetable oil, then add the sliced peppers and onion and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
17. Add the pieces of chopped tomato and fry for a further minute. Spoon from the pan and keep warm.
18. Heat the pan once again and when hot, carefully add the thin strips of chicken and the marinade.
19. Stir-fry for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked.
20. Mix the peppers, onion and tomatoes back into the frying pan with the chicken to heat through.
21. Remove from the heat, mix in the chopped coriander and check the seasoning.
22. Remove the tortillas from the oven.
23. Unwrap them taking on at a time, place onto a large plate.
24. Sprinkle over a small handful of lettuce and some of the chicken mixture and roll up the tortillas, giving two per portion.
25. Serve the chicken fajitas hot with an accompaniment of soured cream, sliced jalapeño peppers, julienne of cucumber, grated cheese and extra lettuce.