- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Fried Chicken Cutlet Sandwich Recipe Video
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||2|
|Ground black peppercorn||To Taste|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , well beaten|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs), or more to cover the bottom of the skillet (For deep frying)|
|Sub roll||4 Small (Mini submarine rolls)|
|Tartar sauce||To Taste (or Tarragon-Chive sandwich spread)|
|Lettuce leaf||20 Gram (as needed)|
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.8 mg
Sodium 660.8 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a meat mallet pound chicken until they are about ½-inch thick and then cut them into half.
2. Season with salt and peppercorns to taste.
3. In a shallow dish, combine flour and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg with an electric mixer until well-beaten.
5. Take chicken pieces, one at a time and coat them with flour mixture. Press to coat well.
6. Next dip them in the beaten egg and roll with breadcrumbs. Place them on a plate.
7. In a heavy or cast iron skillet, heat peanut oil to about 350 degree F and fry chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Fry in batches and do not overcrowd the skillet.
8. Remove chicken from the skillet and place them on a paper towel to drain.
9. Spread sauce on the bottom side of the bun, and top it with hot fried chicken cutlet.
10.Lay fresh lettuce and cover with the top half of the bun.
11. Serve immediately!