- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Curry Rice Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||3 , skinned and split|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Turnips||6 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Brown rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.47 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.9 mg
Sodium 486.9 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 60.3%
Calcium 9% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 450° F.
2) Take a 2 1/2 quart casserole and arrange chicken in it.
3) Bake, uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes.
4) Reduce temperature to 375° F.
5) Add tomatoes and stir to break them up.
6) Add all the remaining ingredients and stir nicely together.
7) Cover and bake for about 1 hour or until rice is thoroughly cooked and turnips are tender, stirring occasionally.
8) Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.