- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Curry - Curry au Poulet Recipe Video
|Chicken||1 Kilogram, cut into large pieces|
|Onion||1 Kilogram, sliced thinly|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Sweet pepper||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Green onion||2 Medium, minced|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Carry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Bell pepper||1 Medium (red/ green)|
|Fresh tomato||3 Medium, mashed|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 Large, sliced|
|Fresh ginger||50 Gram, grated (ginger powder)|
|Cabbage||1 Medium, cut into 1/4|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cut into 1/4|
|Turnip||1 Medium, cut into 1/4 (Optional)|
|Oil||4 Tablespoon (for the sauce)|
Calories 966 Calories from Fat 490
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.3%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.5 mg62.5%
Sodium 261.9 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.8%
Sugars 21.9 g
Protein 56 g112.6%
Vitamin A 105.5% Vitamin C 271.4%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 46.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a mortar and pestle or food processor, crush all the spices like garlic, sweet pepper, ginger, green chilli, black pepper and cloves.
2. Clean and cut the chicken into large pieces.
3. Cut all the vegetables as required.
4. Finely chop or mash the tomatoes.
5. In a casserole, put the chicken and the crushed spices. Pour water, cover it with lid and boil for 15 minutes. Steam the chicken if required. Keep aside.
6. Take a deep frying pan, heat oil and fry the boiled chicken till golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and keep aside.
7. In a bowl add chopped sweet onion, onion, green onion, garlic. Mix it well. Add thyme, bay leaves, black pepper and vinegar and mix well.
8. In a saucepan, take 2 tablespoon oil and fry the onion and spice mix. Add mashed tomato. Cook for a few minutes.
9. Pour water into it. Put carrot, cabbage, potatoes and 2 chillies.
10. Add the bouillon cube, cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes add the carry powder, put the chicken pieces.
11. Cover it and let it simmer for another 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
12. In a serving plate serve it hot with bread or rice.