- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Curry Buffet Recipe
|Stewing chicken||5 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Part Chicken Fat May Be Used)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 692 Calories from Fat 367
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.3 mg
Sodium 428 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 60 g120.9%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 0.71%
Calcium 10% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the chicken in a kettle or pressure cooker and add enough water.
2. Steam the chicken until tender.
3. Remove onto a platter and cool. When cool, pull meat off the bones in large chunks. Keep aside
4. Strain the chicken broth and combine with milk.
5. Take a large skillet and melt butter in it.
6. Add onion and sauté until soft and lightly browned.
7. Stir in the flour and curry powder and sauté for 1 minute.
8. Add and blend in the milk and chicken stock stirring continuously and simmering until the curry comes to a boil and thickens.
9. Taste and adjust seasoning by adding salt and sugar.
10. Add the shredded chicken pieces to the curry.
11. Cover skillet and simmer the curry with chicken for 30 minutes.
12. Just before serving reheat and pour in the sherry.
13. Ladle the curry into a tureen.
14. Serve with steamed white or brown rice.
15. You can accompany the curry with condiments such as chutney, shredded coconut, diced banana, sieved hard-cooked egg, crumbled crisp bacon or chopped peanuts.