- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Curry Recipe
|Peeled apples||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Cold chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||13 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Curry powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.8 mg16.6%
Sodium 398.5 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 16 g31.6%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 12% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the apple, celery, onion and garlic.
2) Cook till the onion is soft.
3) Combine together the curry, cornstarch, salt and cold chicken broth. Mix well.
4) Stir the mixture into the onion mixture. Add the milk.
5) Cook and stir the mixture till it is thick and bubbly.
6) Add the chicken and mushrooms and stir well.
7) Heat the mixture thoroughly.
8) Serve the hot Chicken Curry over hot cooked rice. Pass the curry accompaniments (raisins, shredded coconut, chopped peanuts and chutney) with the dish. Makes a good main course preparation.