- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Curry Recipe
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fryer||3 Pound, disjointed|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.6%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.1 mg
Sodium 799.2 mg33.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 48 g95.3%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grind the coriander, cumin, sesame seeds, turmeric, chili peppers, ginger and salt together into a paste.
2) Rub the coriander mixture thoroughly into the chicken.
3) In a casserole or Dutch oven, saute the onions in the butter, until brown.
4) Stir in the chicken and any remaining spices, saute until the chicken is brown.
5) Stir in the water, cover and cook over a low heat for 45 minutes.
6) Then uncover and cook during the last 10 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.