- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Cranberry Salad Recipe
|Whole cranberry sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans/Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped cooked chicken||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finley chopped|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Monosodium glutamate||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
Calories 1147 Calories from Fat 713
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.1%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.8 mg
Sodium 588.2 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 50.1 g
Protein 42 g84.3%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 48.1%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl and mix the pecans, pineapple and cranberry sauce together.
2) Take two envelopes of gelatin and soften them first with ½ a cup of coldwater and then dissolve it in hot water.
3) Add the gelatin to the mixture of cranberry and stir in well.
4) Mold the mixture and chill to set.
5) Take a bowl and mix the celery, parsley and chicken.
6) Soften and dissolve the remaining gelatin in ½ cup of cold water and over hot water respectively.
7) Mix the milk, mayonnaise and various seasonings and stir the gelatin in.
8) Add to the chicken mixture and then pour over the cranberry-pineapple sauce.
9) Chill until it becomes firm.
10) Unmold it and serve with a garnish of your choice