- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Style Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||4 Medium, boneless, skinless and trimmed|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground, divided|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), shredded|
|Cream cheese||2 Tablespoon, reduced-fat|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Ham||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Whole wheat breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarse|
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.7 mg
Sodium 258.7 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.52 g2.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 33 g65.6%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt.
3. In a bowl combine cheese and cream cheese.
4. In another bowl combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper with breadcrumbs, parsley and two teaspoons oil.
5. In a large ovenproof non-stick skillet heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat.
6. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides for about 2 minutes per side.
7. Move the chicken to the center so that all pieces are touching.
8. Spread with the cheese mixture, sprinkle with ham and then top with the breadcrumb mixture.
9. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and an instant read thermometer registers 165 degrees F for about 5 to 7 minutes.
10. Serve with garnish as desired.