- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||4 Pound, boned with all the skin possible intact (4 Pieces)|
|Prosciutto slice/Westphalian ham||4|
|Drippings||1 Tablespoon (From Cooked Chicken Breasts)|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Cheddar Or Monterey Jack)|
|Sliced cheese||4 (Muenster Or Monterey Jack)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 880 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 341.4 mg
Sodium 1387.9 mg57.8%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 128 g256.1%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 68.1% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pound each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thick.
2. Cut the slices of ham and cheese into halves.
3. Place 1/2 slice of ham and ½ slice of cheese on each breast half.
4. Make sure the cheese doesn’t touch the edge of the chicken.
5. Fold over the sides and pin through the skin with toothpicks.
6. In a 7-1/2" x 12" utility dish, melt 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine for 30 seconds.
7. Add chicken in the hot butter or margarine and mix to coat.
8. Place the chicken in the dish with its thick side towards the outer side of the dish.
9. Cover the chicken with wax paper.
10. Cook at 350° F for 20 minutes.
11. Turn over the chicken, thick side should be at the outer side of the dish.
12. Cook for another 20 minutes.
13. Remove the cover.
14. Brown for 5-6 minutes.
15. Remove the roast from oven and reserve the dripping.
16. Stir in flour to make a smooth paste.
17. Add cheese and mix well.
18. Stir in wine and milk.
19. Cook at 450° F for 3-4 minutes until the mixture boils.
20. Add sliced mushrooms.
21. Cook at 450° F for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
22. Pour sauce over the chicken and garnish with green onions.