- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Club Sandwich With Carrot Salad Recipe
|Low fat mayonnaise||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Golden raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Spicy brown mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Canadian bacon slices||2|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||4|
|Tomato||1 Medium, sliced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Medium, sliced|
|Skinless cooked chicken breast||2 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Whole wheat bread slices||6|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1005 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 1979.9 mg82.5%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g56.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g69.9%
Sugars 63.2 g
Protein 49 g98.5%
Vitamin A 711.6% Vitamin C 82.9%
Calcium 42.2% Iron 49.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. For the carrot salad, in a small bowl stir together the carrots, raisins, lemon juice, lemon zest and half the mayonnaise mixture. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Stir the mustard into the remaining mayonnaise mixture, cover and refrigerate.
4. Cook the bacon in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat 1 minute on each side, or until heated through; set aside.
5. Divide the Romaine, tomato and onion into 4 portions and the chicken and bacon into 2 portions.
6. Toast the bread and spread one side of each slice with the mayonnaise mixture.
7. To assemble each sandwich, top a slice of toast with a portion of Romaine, tomato, onion and chicken; place another slice of toast on top. Add another portion of Romaine, tomato and onion, and top with bacon and the last slice of toast. Insert 2 long toothpicks or small skewers into each sandwich. Using a serrated knife, cut the sandwiches diagonally in half.