- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Cider Stew Recipe
|Apple cider/Apple juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||2 , cut up|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried savory||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Broiler fryer chicken/Rabbit||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut up (1 no.)|
|Carrots||4 , thinly sliced|
|Sweet potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and quartered|
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped for 1 cup|
|Celery stalks||1 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Apple||1 , peeled, cored, and chopped for 1 cup|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 883 Calories from Fat 393
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.2%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 213.5 mg
Sodium 1169.4 mg48.7%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.5%
Sugars 31.3 g
Protein 57 g114.9%
Vitamin A 428.9% Vitamin C 36.1%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan combine together apple cider, catsup, bacon, savory, basil and pepper.
2. Add chicken or rabbit and bring it to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
4. Stir in carrots, sweet potatoes, onions, celery, and apple.
5. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or till meat and vegetables are tender.
6. Stir in the flour and 1/4 cup cold water into the hot stew.
7. Cook and stir till mixture is thick and bubbly.
8. Arrange the soup in individual serving bowl and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.