- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken ChowMein Recipe
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts/Thighs||1 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh snow peas/1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed, cut into halves||6 Ounce, thawed (2 Cups)|
|Green onions||3 Large, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces|
|Uncooked egg noodles/Vermicelli||6 Ounce, cooked, drained and rinsed (Chinese)|
|Dark sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 101.5 mg
Sodium 1033 mg43%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 35 g69.4%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 52.9%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice chicken into 1/4-inch-thick slices, crosswise and then again into 1 x 1/4-inch strips.
2) Coat chicken with garlic and keep aside.
3) Take a wok or large skillet; heat it over medium-high heat and then allow 1 tablespoon of peanut oil to be heated in it.
4) Stir in chicken mixture and sauté for 3 minutes until chicken loses its pink color.
5) Mix with soy sauce and sherry on transferring to a bowl.
6) In the same wok, heat remaining peanut oil and sauté fresh snow peas for 2 minutes (cook for 1 minute for frozen peas).
7) Stir in onions and sauté for 30 seconds.
8) Add in chicken mixture and fry for 1 minute.
9) Finally add in noodles and cook well, sautéing for 2 minutes.
10) Add sesame oil to the noodles mixture and serve at once.