- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Chorba - Ramadan Specials Recipe Video
|Chicken||1 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Onion||2 Medium, grated|
|Vermicelli||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned chickpeas||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.6 mg
Sodium 225.4 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 28 g56.1%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 33.5%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the cooking pot, add oil, ghee, chicken, onions, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Add water (4 cups) to the chicken. Cover and cook over high heat until the chicken is done, for around 30 minutes.
3. Add the remaining water (2 cups), vermicelli, and the canned chickpeas. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add 1/3 cup of the soup to the egg yolks and beat the mixture with parsley and lemon juice.
5. Slowly stir in the egg yolks mixture to the soup. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper accordingly. Put the lid on and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Transfer to soup bowls and serve immediately.