- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Chop Suey With Almonds Recipe
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery with leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blanched slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sauteed mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.2%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.8 mg
Sodium 550.6 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 32.4%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan sauté green pepper and onion in butter for 3 minutes.
2) Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
3) Add celery, bean sprouts and 1/4 cup broth.
4) Blend broth and flour and mix into chicken.
5) Boil and stir constantly. Add almonds, soy sauce and mushrooms.
6) On a plate serve with hot rice.