- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Chili Recipe Video
|Red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Chicken breast||1 1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|Chili seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red bean||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Black bean||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|White bean||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Canned chili bean||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.4 mg
Sodium 374.9 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.9%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 29 g57.5%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 76.7%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil, red onion, red and green bell peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2. Place the same pan over the stove and add some olive oil. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Season with chili seasoning and stir well. Add ½ cup of water stir for a few minutes.
4. Add red, black and white beans and mix well. Add fresh garlic and the pepper mix.
5. Pour in the canned chili beans and tomato puree over the chicken and stir well all the ingredients together. Add more water and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve Chicken Chili with garlic bread or steamed rice.