- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Cheesy Chicken Wings Recipe Video
|Whole chicken wings||24|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (more or less as needed)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (more or less as needed)|
|Chicken rub||To Taste (granulated garlic, salt and pepper)|
|Mild cheese||50 Gram (or hot as needed)|
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 73.3 mg
Sodium 345.9 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 0.35 g0.12%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.25%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 27 g55%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 6% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedBeer for pan
1. Preheat grill to 325-350 degree F.
2. Wash and dry whole chicken wings (tips on).
3. Thread 3-4 chicken wings to a skewer as shown in the video.
4. Coat wings with a blend of olive oil and soy sauce. Sprinkle on your favorite chicken rub or just granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
5. Place the chicken wing racks in a shallow pan and pop it on grill, opposite the hot coals (indirect heat).
6. Pour some beer into the pan for steaming and added moisture. Cover the grill and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove the chicken and pan. Place the wing racks back on the grill, again opposite the coals. Cover and cook for another 20-30 minutes to brown.
8. Baste again with the olive oil soy sauce mixture after 20 minutes and continue to cook. Cooking time will vary, depending on how many wings you are grilling and how hot your grill is.
9. When done, and just before removing the chicken from the grill, place chunks of hot or mild cheese directly on each wing to melt. Remove when the cheese is melted or caramelized.
10. Serve with potato salad and enjoy!