- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken, Cheese, 'N' Biscuits Recipe
|Margarine||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Sage||3⁄4 Teaspoon, rubbed|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|White pepper||1 Dash (Or To Taste)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Chicken||8 Ounce, skinned and boned cooked, diced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs), stemmed and sliced|
|Green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced (Tender Crisp)|
|Refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits||4 Ounce (4 In Number, 1 Ounce Each, Ready To Bake)|
Calories 420 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.3 mg
Sodium 541.3 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 118.4% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a 3-quart saucepan, heat the margarine over a medium heat until bubbly and hot, stir in the flour, mustard and sage, blend well.
3) Gradually stir in the milk, stir continuously and cook until smooth.
4) Stir in the broth mix and pepper, cook over a low heat for 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick.
5) Stir in the cheese, stir continuously and cook, until melted.
6) Stir in the chicken and vegetables and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until the chicken and vegetables are thoroughly heated.
7) In a 1 1/2-quart casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, pour the chicken mixture .
8) Separate each biscuit into 2 layers of dough, arrange the biscuits over the chicken mixture in an even layer with the slightly overlapping circles.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 7 to 10 minutes, until the biscuits are golden.
10) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.