- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Celery and Cider Recipe
|Celery stick||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Apple||1 , peeled, cored and sliced|
|Cider||1 Bottle (1 l)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 728 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 118.6 mg
Sodium 514.7 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 91.5 g
Protein 31 g61.7%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 22.3% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and dry the chicken legs on kitchen paper.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over a medium flame.
4. When hot, arrange the thighs, skin side down.
5. When browned turn and brown on the other side.
6. Add the onions, bay leaf and celery to the pan. Sauté with the chicken until onion is soft and light brown.
7. Add the apple slices and sauté till the apples soften.
8. Pour in the cider and boil rapidly.
9. Add sage and simmer the sauce for 5 minutes until the chicken is tender.
10. Just before serving, stir in the cream and reheat on a low flame, without boiling.
12. Arrange the pieces on a platter.
13. Ladle the sauce over the chicken.
14. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and spinach.