- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Casserole Supreme Recipe
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chicken pieces||3 Pound|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||4 Medium, quartered|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, quartered|
|Onions||4 Medium, quartered|
|Chicken||1 Can (10 oz)|
Calories 2118 Calories from Fat 575
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g99.2%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g83.8%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 571.2 mg
Sodium 1861.8 mg77.6%
Total Carbohydrates 181 g60.3%
Dietary Fiber 26.1 g104.4%
Sugars 33.2 g
Protein 201 g401.6%
Vitamin A 476.1% Vitamin C 245%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 90%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Thaw the peas to separate them.
2) In a paper bag containing flour, shake several pieces of at a time.
3) Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
4) In a 5-quart Dutch oven, heat shortening over medium flame and brown the chicken pieces.
5) Drain the meat and pour water over it.
6) Add potatoes, carrots, onions and salt.
7) Add compliment over the chicken and vegetables mixture and cover.
8) Bake the mixture for an hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until the vegetables have become tender.
9) Add the peas in the mixture and bake the dish for 15 more minutes.
10) Serve the casserole steaming hot.