- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad Recipe Video
|Cold chicken breast||1 Pound, diced|
|Romaine lettuce||1 Medium, washed dried and cut into bite sized pieces|
|Short pasta||8 Ounce, cooked according to the package and tossed with 2 tablespoons dressing to keep it from sticking as it cools|
|Black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plum tomato||1 Medium, cut into bite sized pieces|
|Red peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Anchovy fillets/Anchovy paste||2 (For The Dressing)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (1 For The Dressing and 1 for red bell pepper)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (For The Dressing)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon (For The Dressing)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon (For The Dressing)|
|Mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For The Dressing)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon (For The Dressing)|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (For The Dressing)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon (For The Dressing)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For The Dressing)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (For The Dressing)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (For The Dressing)|
|Pecorino romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated (For The Dressing)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon (5 1/2 tbsp. For The Dressing and 1/2 tbsp. for red bell pepper)|
Calories 712 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.1%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.2 mg
Sodium 3852.1 mg160.5%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 45 g90.7%
Vitamin A 138.5% Vitamin C 86.2%
Calcium 23.3% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For roasting bell pepper – rub olive oil on bell paper, cover with aluminum foil.
2. Roast bell pepper in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
3. Take out the bell pepper from the oven and keep in a bowl covered for 15 minutes.
4. Peel of the bell pepper skin and cut into slices.
5. Season with garlic and olive oil.
6. To make the dressing – In a small bowl add the anchovies, grated garlic and lemon zest.
7. Add all the other dressing ingredients except for the olive oil and whisk together.
8. Slowly stream in the olive oil, continue whisking until the dressing is emulsified.
9. To assemble the salad – toss the lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, olives, and peppers with half the dressing.
10. Add in the pasta with the other half of the dressing. Toss again.
11. Serve chicken Caesar pasta salad in a plate and enjoy.
If you’re following gluten free diet be sure to use gluten free pasta. You can substitute about 1/2 cup of your favorite Caesar dressing in place of the dressing recipe here to make it even easier. But be sure to check the ingredients list for gluten since its common in many dressings.