- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Chicken Cacciatore Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion rings||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Diced tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.7 mg
Sodium 609.7 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 43 g86.2%
Vitamin A 27.4% Vitamin C 65.6%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, coat chicken with flour.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and cook chicken pieces for 15 minutes. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, heat some olive oil and add onion rings, green pepper and garlic. Cook until tender.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and oregano.
5. Add chicken to the sauce, cover the lid and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add wine.
7. Serve with shell pasta and garnish with parmesan cheese.