- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Chicken Cacciatore Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion rings||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Diced tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 499.2 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 55 g110.4%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 62.2%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, coat chicken with flour.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and cook chicken pieces for 15 minutes. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, heat some olive oil and add onion rings, green pepper and garlic. Cook until tender.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and oregano.
5. Add chicken to the sauce, cover the lid and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add wine.
7. Serve with shell pasta and garnish with parmesan cheese.